Reclaim your vitality by balancing hormones
You may have been told that your hormone levels are “within the normal ranges.” Unfortunately, the “normal ranges” have been adjusted so that they are not reflective of true health, and conventional medical doctors treat only the most extreme cases.
You’ve noticed the changes. You’re concerned — and with good reason. Fortunately, there are safe options for keeping your hormones in check. Both men and women benefit from hormonal balancing.
Concerned about your drive and performance? Suddenly putting on weight? Need more recovery time between workouts?
A recent study published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism confirms what we’ve seen in our office: testosterone levels in the average man today are significantly lower than they were in generations past. Thanks to environmental factors and nutrition issues, hormone depletion strikes early and hard.
Low testosterone levels can result in:
- Erectile dysfunction/low libido
- Lower mental acuity, focus, and energy
- Loss of motivation and drive
- A drop in physical performance
- Slower recovery after exercise
- Weight gain and loss of muscle
- Depression/lack of ability to enjoy life
- Sleep apnea
Feel like you are losing your mind? Struggling with sleep, focus, and control of your emotions? Low libido?
While we all know that hormones fluctuate temporarily during pregnancy and when experiencing PMS, perimenopause and menopause are long term hormonal changes that can drastically impact your life.
While most women know quite a bit about menopause, most don’t realize that significant hormonal changes begin years before you experience changes in your cycle. Thus you can be in perimenopause with regular cycles.
During perimenopause, you may experience:
- Sleep issues (insomnia, inability to fall or stay asleep)
- Anxiety/heart palpitations/heart racing
- Temperature fluctuations (middle of the night sweats or warmth)
- Changes in period (heavier or lighter)
- Weight gain (especially belly fat) and loss of muscle
- Vaginal dryness, higher risk of UTIs and yeast infections
- Headaches, migraines, and inability to focus
- Exhaustion, fatigue and decreased physical performance
- Foggy memory and reduction of mental acuity
As you progress to menopause, you may experience (in addition to the above):
- Problems with cognitive functions
- Bladder problems (overactive bladder, incontinence, prolapse)
- Musculoskeletal complications
- Thinning of skin and hair
- Hot flashes
- Emotional instability and mental disorders
While conventional medicine often prescribes the use of HRT (hormone replacement therapy), we advocate the use of bio-identical hormone treatments.
Why? Because HRT uses synthetic hormones, which are drugs manufactured by pharmaceutical companies that do not share the same molecular structure as human hormones. They work for short term solutions but are not considered safe for long term use.
Bio-identical hormones are derived from plants and are structurally identical to the hormones your body produces. They are safe for long-term hormone balancing and produce excellent results.
Benefits of Balancing Hormones
In addition to relief of the symptoms mentioned above, our patients report that receiving bio-identical hormone therapy is like taking a drink from the fountain of youth. You can expect to experience:
- Increased vitality, including resurgence of drive, focus, and overall performance
- Higher libido and better sexual health
- Improved bone density, muscle development, and weight management
- Decreased risk of heart disease and breast or uterine cancers
- Improved mental health
Reclaim your vitality and live your best life!